Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Favorites

Friday Favs 8/16


1. How cute and festive is this Sequin 3/4 Sleeve Polka Dot Top?  It has all of my favorite things in one item.  It can be paired with dark skinnies and cognac boots for the weekend or be tucked into a pencil skirt for work.

2. ABC's Mistresses- I didn't have high hopes for this show when I first started watching it, but boy I have gotten sucked into it.  It's sort of Sex and the City but in a suburbia setting, with each woman having their own separate problems.  I like to tune in because you never know what's going to pop up next.

3. C9 Women's Seamless Bra with Removable Cups is seriously the most comfortable sports bra ever, plus it doesn't give you a uni-boob. I needed some new sports bras since mine are about oh, 3 years old?  I ordered 4 and I am seriously thinking about ordering more.  But don't delay, they are selling out fast online and in stores.

4. Organix Morrocean Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner is amazeballs.  I have thick, wavy hair that sometimes gets frizzy.  Since using this shampoo I have noticed a difference in my hair.  I can even go to bed without blowdrying it and it's not as frizzy as it use to be in the morning.  I was skeptical at first with the conditioner since it didn't feel heavy hence I didn't think it would work on my hair but it does.  I definitely recommend this if you're looking to try a new shampoo and conditioner.

5. Tabasco Green Jalapeno Hot Sauce, I blame this on Chipotle since this is where I was introduced to this amazingness.  No joke that hubs and I can go through half a bottle in one sitting at Chipotle.  I'm seriously considering buying a gallon of it.  Yup no shame at all.

6. Cheesy Kale Chips are so addicting.  I make mine with nutritional yeast which has a cheesy flavor.  (You can read more about nutritional yeast or nooch here.)  The other day I made with garlic powder to and it was delicious as well.  There are a lot of variations out there but here is my quick and easy method to making them.

Recipe:

  • Set oven to 300 degrees and spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. 
  •  Wash and dry kale making sure that leaves are completely dry.  
  • Place onto baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. 
  •  Generously sprinkle nutritional yeast and garlic powder.  
  • Place into oven for about 45 minutes or until crispy.  
  • Enjoy!
Linking up with Lauren for Friday's Fab Favorites and Katie for Some Thing's I'm Loving.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Mistresses! The Kale chips look amazing, I'm going to have to try!


    http://locheng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! Not sure if you get replies to comments by email so I figured I'd leave a reply here. I was just in hong kong recently. Got back last Monday. We took trips to Macau & Japan as well. Do you work in the field of education?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie Michelle ReyesAugust 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM

    Love that top! SO cute!! I've never made kale chips before, but your recipe sounds really easy and I think I may have to try it out!


    Thanks for linking up, love!! :)


    xo

    ReplyDelete